Wednesday 14 December 2011

Feathers Followed

Feathers followed on a balmy breeze,
Fluttering down a wooded trail,
In amongst the Redwood trees;
My dreams and aspirations sail.

And crazy am I giving chase,
To feathers on the breeze floating,
Where erratic is the line I trace;
Just out of reach - always groping.

To grasp these feathers if I could,
'Tis something I have wanted so much;
I've spent a lifetime in this wood,
But these feathers, I've yet to touch.

Now I wonder, have I the will?
Feathers flying, can I succeed?
For so much steeper is the hill,
And questions; do I have the need?

Until these feathers fallen short,
And curse I do my rotten luck,
Empty handed I must report,
And this issue now I can't duck.

For feathers followed to take stock,
Is foolishness beyond all words.
Yet, we the dreamers will still flock,
And chase what's rightly for the birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment