Tuesday 6 December 2011

Eating Crow

I’ll admit here and now,
There’s a lunch I’ve come to know;
Yessir, many times down to chow,
I’ve eaten my fair share of crow.

An acquired taste I must say;
But who am I to grumble?
Sometimes the piper you must pay,
And there’s a time to be humble.

So come good folk gather round,
With this menu I will be;
Yessir, come on sit yourself down,
The joke alas is on me.

Mmm, good old crow mine to munch
Steaming there upon my plate;
And ‘just desserts’ I have a hunch
Some wise ass is bound to state.

And I’ll just smile and sorry say,
Most sincerely don’t get me wrong;
But crow for lunch come what may,
Afterwards I’m moving on.

Until the next time bound to be,
This is more than just a hunch;
If you knew me like I know me,
There’ll always be crow for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment