Friday 28 October 2011

A 'Deadhead' in Deadwood

South Dakota here I come,
A Deadwood gambler to be;
Since the stroke my face is numb,
Now a perfect poker face that's me.
 
Of course a nickname like Wild Bill
Or Calamity Jane I will need,
And though not my first choice, but still,
It seems 'Numb Skull' was taking seed.
 
Then there was the 'Deadhead' from Deadwood,
All most unflattering you'll agree;
You would think more respect I should,
But I guess it was all okay with me.
 
As long as I was winning, anyway;
I couldn't care less what they called me.
But if my good luck went away,
Another side of me you might see.
 
Of course now the other side's the same
With this stupid 'deadhead' I've got;
But I tell you it has helped my game,
In Deadwood I keep winning the pot.
 
And so with this hand dealt I play,
While nobody knows just how I feel;
And all the hurtful things they say,
I think to myself just shut up and deal.
 
But still another nickname would be nice;
Perhaps like Old Stone face or Rushmore,
But dealing cards or rolling dice,
Really, just ante up, I don't care no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment