Monday 23 January 2012

Virginia is for Lovers

Virginia is for lovers said the sign
And even though we were just passing through,
My good wife and I inside the state line,
Said, "What the heck, let's find out if it's true."

Now we've been married what seems forever,
Complacent and comfortable in our roles;
And romance well, I shouldn't say, "Never,"
But in our fabric truly there's been holes.

So to Jamestown on to Virginia Beach,
A bit of history to the present day;
Like our life the two of us, side by each;
Through thick and thin together come what may.

Perhaps at times we've taken for granted
Our years together now fading from view;
But the truth to tell she's all I've wanted,
Now Virginia's for lovers, I know it's true.

Yes, a hotel in Richmond, my oh my
With renewed passion the old wife and me;
And feeling like Traveller sixteen hands high,
We romped 'neath a painting of Robert E. Lee.

No comments:

Post a Comment