Saturday 28 January 2012

A French Legionnaire

Damn, my dream last night was odd,
Seems I was a French Legionnaire,
And facing I was a firing squad,
When the sounds of gunfire cracked the air.

Then slumped over I looked down upon;
Out of my body floating above.
And yes, it was a firing squad at dawn,
When suddenly I turned into a dove.

And free at last, free as a bird,
I circled high above the strange scene,
Till in my heart a great love was stirred,
And I knew I was somewhere in between.

Yes, in between Heaven and Earth,
I knew a French Legionnaire I’d once been.
Then in my dream I beheld my rebirth,
And back asleep I saw the present scene.

Yes, looking at myself sound asleep,
I hovered a while above the bed,
Until with a sudden leap,
I awoke startled and rubbing my head.

Then I heard a voice whispering low,
And of his message I’d love to share,
But I guess the meaning I’ll never know,
Because in French spoke the Legionnaire.

No comments:

Post a Comment