Saturday 19 November 2011

Young Slick a Real Teenage Mutineer

Young Slick stands outside the pool hall
And oozing a belligerent tone,
As though from Brando he’s heard the call,
His well rehearsed sneer he makes known.

“For crissake Slick it’s 2006,
Ain’t this Brando thing a little old?”
And as I say it, his hair he flicks,
While his dull eyes stare empty and cold.

Argh, another teenage mutineer,
And I smile at Slick all knowing,
But all I get’s that angry sneer
And the second hand smoke he’s blowing.

So I babble on ‘bout when I was a kid.
While of course mostly lying ‘bout stuff,
For behind a similar mask I hid,
Just a scared kid trying to act tough.

But to him I’m just an old fool
And it’s apparent from his sneer,
That there’s no way I was ever as cool
As young Slick a real teenage mutineer.

No comments:

Post a Comment