Monday 7 November 2011

An Old Wooden Bridge

A quiet path I traveled by                                                                                                      
When soon a bridge the path became,
And over waters rushing by,
I wondered at its wooden frame.

For old and tired it looked to be,
Its rotting wood in weathered gray;
But if the far side I was to see ‑
Well then there was no other way.

So I considered my choices,
Having for sure come from somewhere,
While from the stream came no voices;
And what if beyond lead nowhere?

Although to go back I couldn't,
And in my heart of hearts I knew;
While pining I know I shouldn't ‑
But standing there what could I do?

And of such fear it's not denied,
As I held that rickety wood;
But here I am on the far side,
And now what's overcome is understood.

No comments:

Post a Comment