Sunday 6 November 2011

North Carolina Nights

The moon over Polecat Creek,
Merry in the month of May;
The reflection a white streak
Across the water to display.
 
North Carolina nights to tell,
Croaking frogs and a whippoorwill;
Like Alice in Wonderland swell,
Yeah, for me this state fits the bill.
 
But instead of Polecat Creek
With the full moon oh so bright;
It's that Cheshire cat jowl to cheek
With that toothy grin I have in sight.
 
My imagination running wild
In North Carolina nights to tell;
Where Cheshire cat moons have smiled
And polecats you can't even smell.
 
Now broadleaf tobacco I surely know
For I've been to Raleigh and Winston-Salem,
But at Polecat Creek in time so slow;
What's this thin leaf stuff I've been inhaling?
 
Oh yeah, North Carolina nights of mine
And your moon so very beguiling;
It don't matter for whatever the shine,
You keep this cat forever smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment