Tuesday 13 March 2012

Old Photos


Old photos I am looking through
Of myself in all my ages,
And still my head space it is true,
I can recall all my stages.

On Santa’s lap on Christmas Eve
With such excitement on my face,
That little boy I can retrieve
And know that life was mine to chase.

And older now a cub scout kid
In a uniform proudly worn,
To do my duty, “Dob, dob, dib, dib,”
There was still a chance I might conform.

Now here I am a snarly teen
With arms folded and face so long;
Yeah, such a jerk I must have been,
A rebel was my angry song.

And look at this one, “Holy shit!”
My early twenties sitting there;
With not a clue on how I fit,
But man, I had a head of hair.

And this one when I was sailing,
At the helm how I looked the part;
But truth to tell I was failing,
A girl had just broken my heart.

Yeah, looking through these old photos;
A thousand words you’re kidding me!
‘Cause I’m seeing what no one knows,
And all the angst there used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment