Tuesday 27 March 2012

Four Corners

Four corners of a pie imagined I.
But someone said, “Ain’t pies round?”
“Oh yeah,” I said with a sigh,
“Lately, I’m just so tightly wound.”

“What the hell was I imagining then?
Maybe it was cake, yeah, yeah it was cake.
Okay, okay let’s start over again;
The four corners of a cake for crissake!”

“Yeah,” he said, “if it was in a square pan.”
“Well hell the same could be said for a pie,” Said I.
“Cake maybe but pie’s never square man,
It’s just the way it is, I don’t know why!”

“What about the four corners of the earth,
If it’s round why do people say?
Yeah, man for what it’s worth,
Who really cares anyway?”

“Anyway back to the four corners,
The ones I imagined way back when,
Maybe they weren’t really corners
And I should start over again.”

“But wait, don’t I remember from school,
Yeah, yeah, the math teachers said it there;
Wasn’t there some theorem or rule
That said pies are square?”

No comments:

Post a Comment