Monday 19 March 2012

Call Me Irresponsible

I was thinking just today
Of all my changes over the years;
And who am I come what may –
Not much has changed it appears.

Still I pull for the underdog,
And though in management I’ve been,
Yet, in all those years meant to log,
With the workers I would lean.

And for the almighty buck,
I never really cared that much,
And important issues I was apt to duck
And never was I quite in touch.

An adult I have pretended,
Yeah, for sure, I played the game,
But sitting here my thoughts suspended,
I sometimes think what a shame.

To that boy of nine or ten,
You know I kind of miss that kid;
Hell, maybe I’ll go back again
And this adult crap, I’ll be rid.

So you know, that’s what I did;
I never even told my wife.
Yessir, once again I am that kid,
Though I’m not so sure about this single life?

No comments:

Post a Comment