Wednesday 14 March 2012

A Drifter on a Moonbeam

A drifter on a moonbeam
Was his introduction to me;
A man of wealth he’d once been,
But now it was he flew free.

Current address was unknown,
The great outdoors and beyond;
Upon a moonbeam he had flown
Just I swear to put me on.

And humour him I surely did,
This moonbeam drifter I just met
For pretty soon I’d be rid
And away from him I could get.

But something kept me hanging ‘round
Just to hear his moonbeam tales,
Because sitting there on the cold ground,
I was tired of riding them old rails.

Now a moonbeam drifter to
Is something I would like to be
‘Cause riding these old rails I’m through,
And the sky’s the limit for me.

When opportunity comes knocking,
Of course a drifter such as I;
Upon a moonbeam if we’re talking
You got to know, I’m game to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment