Wednesday 1 February 2012

Punxsutawney Phil

I dreamed of Punxsutawney Phil again,
Like I have so many times before;
This time though he'd escaped his den
And I thought he was gone forever more.

Oh my God, this was the worst,
Tomorrow morning is the big day;
It's already February 1st,
Now Punxsutawney Phil has gone away.

And reporting here from Gobbler's Knob,
The search is on for Punxsutawney Phil;
There's no one else who can do the job,
To tell how much winter's left still.

But in my dream Punxsutawney Phil was found,
'Twas just before sunrise on the big day;
It seems he had gone to ground
Now so much thinner fading away.

But there wide awake he was at sunrise
And his duties he was able to fulfill,
Though I swear I saw it in his eyes,
A shadow of his former self was Phil.

No comments:

Post a Comment