Tuesday 21 February 2012

Bridge's Burned

I met a man form out of state
Who seemed to be a bit on edge;
Filled he was with so much hate,
And from the past what he would dredge.

“Get over it.” I’d often say.
“Take a break, what’s done is done.”
But attention, do you think he’d pay?
Man, the dude was some kind of fun.

What a downer to be around,
And so it was I got away;
But then I saw a girl he’d found
And I thought he might be okay.

So I introduced myself, you know,
And very nice she seemed to be;
But I had to think she must be slow,
If his hatred she couldn’t see.

And so I asked him how he’d been
When suddenly he began to curse,
And then it was I began to glean,
The nice young lady was his nurse.

And how he hated me that I learned,
In that moment of our greeting,
Which reminded me of bridge’s burned,
And why the hell was I repeating?

No comments:

Post a Comment